Prebuilt
30–08–2015

Geelong church official opening

Geelong now has a new community facility to cater for church services, local organisations and meet-ups – with the new St Johns Highton church addition officially opened in late August.

Commissioned by St John’s Anglican Church in Highton, the building – designed by Tesselate a+d and constructed by Prebuilt Commercial, connects to the existing circa 1880 church, providing state of the art resources to the wider Geelong community.

The centre is the first prefab building to be commissioned by The Anglican Diocese of Melbourne.

The building signifies the church’s role in the community to support local organisations in Geelong and surrounding areas, while the modern and innovative approach to church usage is further mirrored in the building’s design.



Close article




Geelong church news story